Sunday 2 October 2016

GUERNSEY....


This one has been on the needles for way too long, but the good news is that it is there no longer! At last I don't have to feel guilty if I'm knitting some socks, or uptight if there's a beanie on my lap. It's okay not to be monogamous, I know, but somehow this little beauty has caused me a teensy weensy bit of a guilt trip. You see, the yarn voucher which enabled me, was a birthday gift from two of my children, fourteen months ago! Yes, it did then take me a while to decide on the pattern and the yarn. Yes, I know a sweater does take longer that a pair of socks, and yes, I know that no one has ever enforced a time limit law on jumper completion, but the fact that two of my children were the enablers.............. Let's just leave it there with the satisfaction of knowing that I now have a lovely warm woolly sweater, in a shade I have not worn before, to keep out the chills this coming winter. 


My Debbie Bliss 'Guernsey' has kept me going through road trips to the beach, holiday car journeys and afternoons unwinding in the garden. To be honest, I had quite forgotten the relaxation to be gained from row upon row of stocking stitch. It did take a 4ply while though!


I have to say, the yarn ( Debbie Bliss 'fine donegal' 95% wool 5% cashmere) is a little bit harsh on the
fingers, but it may well soften up after soaking. I hope so! The colours are really lovely though and a move away from my normal and colour palette of blues and neutrals. 


 I changed the neck slightly to avoid a two button neck opening. It's worked perfectly and  fits really well.


Strangely, I'm feeling a little bereft now it's finished and I don't have my long-term 'go to' stocking stitch buddy to keep me company any longer. Seems, I may have to begin searching for a new little friend to sit beside the sofa!


8 comments:

josiekitten said...

The sweater is fabulous, love the colour. I'm sure you'll find something else to knit soon! xx

Una said...

I love this colour especially for the colder months. The neckline looks really practical.

Anna Prasad said...

Oh Ros, I love this. The colour, the shape, the neckline and the little cable detail, it's come together very well! May it bring you lots of warm days this coming Winter. Xx Anna

Molly the Airedale said...

It is your gorgeous and we love the color♥

Sarah said...

I agree-the colour is beautiful. Lovely job!

Helsie said...

Lovely colour but the "scratchy" nature of most woollen jumpers makes them unwearable for me. Never cold enough here anyway!

Lynne said...

Ooo! This is gorgeous, and I absolutely love the colour. Happy wearing!

kate said...

I would totally wear that colour - gorgeous sweater.