Sunday 29 January 2017

FIVE TO GO.......


So near and yet so. I've been a bit slow with the needles this week, for no particular reason, although I really don't want this little project to end. I've loved the mix and match of crochet and knitting with each pretty little ball; filled with eager and excited anticipation with every round, to see just how the colours will work out.

It's been a relaxing and colourful journey from the very beginnings way back in July, when I received a little box containing twenty-four teeny tiny hand wound skeins and a cryptic clue, as part of my birthday treat from my dear pal Josiekitten!!!

The first twenty-four days of December each began with the slow ceremonial opening of the day's Advent calendar door to sneak a peek at the treasure wishing and then to photograph the little ball of loveliness.

Eventually, Christmas Day arrived and the long awaited cast-on began!!!! I vowed to stick to the day colour order and to that end I marked each ball band with it's respective number. I had to get my crochet eye and hand back into gear and readjust my tension a fraction and then we were away.

So, here we are with four and a half socks complete and eighteen mini-balls usefully employed. That just leave five more little treasures to go and one and a half more socks to complete, along with ten more crocheted Granny squares.

Then that will be it............................ until next year! :-)


I felt I had to share this lovely doggy collage with you, as Oscar had such a fun afternoon last Sunday with these two beauties, seventeen week-old Alfie and dearest Nellie who, at almost fourteen was very very elderly lady. Oscar spent his afternoon exploring the garden, playing with toys and generally doing what he loves to do ( anything yellow tennis ball related). Alfie spent his afternoon romping around behind Oscar, trying to impress and begging him to play. He really is the cutest little boy! Darling Nellie looked on, with a gentle wag of her tail; her soft, kind brown eyes still shining with enthusiasm for life, despite her frail body. Sadly, dear Nellie finally went to sleep for the last time on Thursday and crossed over the rainbow bridge. She had a long and happy life and is now at peace. So glad we got to see and stroke you one last time lovely lady!



7 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

Just love the socks Snoopy.

josiekitten said...

They look so lovely! Can't wait to see what you do with the granny squares too. xx

Molly the Airedale said...

What beautiful pups. We're so sorry to hear about Nellie. We just love your socks. They are so colorful and beautiful!

Anna Prasad said...

Gorgeous socks, I just love the colours. Sorry to hear about Nellie. Love, A

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Ros! I'm sorry to hear about Nellie. She looks beautiful and had long life. That was nice you were spending a day with her and Oscar had company to play. These colourful socks are so fun! Have a lovely week! Hugs from all of us! x Teje

Jennyff said...

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I was thinking you had another five matching socks to knit, I have worked it out now and its a great idea.

Tracy said...

Socks and dogs...*sigh*... What's not to love!!??!! ;) ((HUGS))