Sunday 14 May 2017

SUNNY WEEKEND..........


Well hello little socks! Long time no see! I really should pay you some attention and get those needles clicking. I really like the stripes, but plain sock knitting in navy blue? I should have know better! It's not the most inspiring choice, but now I am sock number two, I can see the end may soon be in sight. For that reason only, I am marching forward with my task! 

The little hoodie that I had so hoped to show you this week is now complete but awaiting seaming.... another urrrgggghhhhhhh!!! I hate seaming and will need to do a bit at a time I think. With that plan in mind, the shoulder seams are now joined and the hood is attached and shames, so just the side seams and sleeves to go. 


To be honest, I've not had much time for knitting this weekend as the younger Miss Snoops has been home and we have made the most of the warmer weather and sunshine to enjoy the outdoors with Oscar.


 These little cuties certainly aren't very old but were enjoying the sunshine with Mum!


Oscar was enjoying the sun and water too, as always.


Love this boy to bits!


A little garden re-designing is taking place chez Snoops' too! We made a little trip to the local garden centre yesterday to make a start on the planting choices. Can't wait to see them in situ!

6 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

looks like a good selection of plants.I love going to garden centres.Our youngest granddaughter thinks we have a garden with all the right features- winding paths,trees, a pond etc but "Grandma, you really need a fountain".!!!!Love the socks.I started another pair last night in cream and am doing the Summer Fun sock from Knitspot.I am also doing the Begonia Swirl shawl and an Aran cardigan in cotton.A new knitting store has just opened near us,mainly on line but you can go and buy and see the colours.It is SMD/ knitting wool .com and will be a great resource for me.So many times I have ordered on line and then been disappointed by the colour.

josiekitten said...

I think those socks are looking great! Glad you have been enjoying the sunshine down at the water. See you soon xx

Wyatt said...

Love your sunny post today! We have been planting too, when the weather allows. I love Lupines ever since visiting the Chelsea Flower Show a few years ago, so I always include a few new ones each spring :D

Willow said...

Oooo, those flowers are calling to me! You know I love puttering in my garden.
The sunshine on the lake and Oscar's obvious love of the water are a joy to see.
Re: jasmine--yes, the fragrance is heavenly and sometimes overpowering. May is the best time for jasmine to bloom and this year because of all our rain, the plants are abundant in blossoms.

Molly the Airedale said...

You look like you're having the time of your life, Oscar!

Tracy said...

Oooo...those stripes are wonderful! Thank goodness for the colors to mix up the blue a bit. ;) What LOVELY weather you are having there...*sigh*... LOVE the pic of Oscar retrieving the ball from the water--sooo cute! Here wintry, wet weather has returned a bit unfortunately...no chance of breaking out the summer clothes yet! :/ Hope you'll you'll share your garden re-design sometime soon--would love to see! Happy Days ((HUGS))