Sunday 11 June 2017

BUSY............


There's been very little yarny action in my little neck of the woods over the last couple of weeks. Half-term week saw me away with family and occupied with the fun and games of little people and then this week the realisation that I HAVE to get my school reports started has finally hit home!!!!

I really hate writing reports and would much rathe have a face to face interview with the parent's, which would be much more useful, but this is not how it is done, so I have had to bite the bullet and get on with it. Needless to say, progress has been slow but at least a start has been made.

In order to motivate myself to the cause, I've used the carrot of 'a crochet stripe for each report written'. As you can probably work out for yourself, that's not too many reports flying into the 'finished' folder, but it's a start. I'm really liking the colours of this blanket now that I've got a little more completed and I know Isaac is going to love it!


This weekend the younger Miss Snoops has been home and we've spent most of our time trying to get  a bit more of the garden under control. The heavy rain last week has encouraged way too rapid growth for my liking!


Of course, Oscar has negotiated well to earn an hour of ball chasing and swimming time at the lake each day.


It was warm and sunny and so lovely to see the pretty blackberry blossom in full bloom.


Back on it this evening. I have to write a couple tonight to keep to my schedule!

7 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

That's a good incentive for writing reports! Blanket looking good.

Teje said...

Hi Ros! I can imagine how you are thinking of your beautiful crochet and trying to finish the reports. Hope to finish them soon and start summer holidays! Hugs to you and Oscar! x Teje

josiekitten said...

Good luck with the reports, the blanket is lovely! xx

Molly the Airedale said...

Love your colorful blankie and your beautiful flowers! You look like you are having a blast, Oscar!

Willow said...

What a lovely blanket that is going to be! Isaac will certainly love it. I like your plan to motivate yourself to finish the reports. I need to figure out something like that for housework :)

Anna Prasad said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the colours of your blanket, lovely and bright. Good luck with those reports. They don't sound fun at all. Have a wonderful week! X Anna

Tracy said...

Oooo...such YUMMY ripple goodness, Ros! Good luck with the reports... Do I dare say is sounds a little borning?! LOL... ;) A face-to-face with parents year of school in is a good idea. Time consuming surely, but a good idea. Summer hols not too far off! Such GORGEOUS roses you have... *swoon* ... What are those peachy-light pink ones called? Oh, Oscar--how we LOVE you, boy! :))) ((HUGS))